Watermark CC Preset & Layer Problem

Home Forums Watermark CC – Support Watermark CC Preset & Layer Problem

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Herb Segars

I installed Watermark CC Pro after using the free version. When I chose a logo for my watermark, the free version remembers the choices when I go back into Photoshop CC 2015. The pro version does not remember my choices and if I try to save the preset, it doesn’t appear to save it and there are no choices in the drop down box next to the “New” button. When I create the watermark image and change the size to 1600 px on the long side x 72 dpi, I end up with a two layered file which is larger than my screen. I have to change the layer from the watermark label to resize the photo. Shouldn’t the program flatten the image after making the watermark layer and change the size to fit on screen. Thanks for your help.

#1030 Reply
    thomas
    Keymaster

Hi Herb,

the problem with the presets (only “Add Watermark to Single Photo”, “Add Watermark to Multiple Photos” should work) is a known issue. I’m working on a fix.

In the meantime you can solve the problem with the following workaround:

1) Download this zip-archive: https://pixelsucht.net/wp-content/downloads/watermarkcc-presets.xml.zip
    2) Unzip it. You will get a file called “watermarkcc-presets.xml”
    3) Mac: Replace the file “watermarkcc-presets.xml” under YourHarddrive/User/YourUserName/Library/Application Support with the downloaded and unzipped XML-file
    If you can’t find the folder “Library” you have to show hidden folders/files. If you don’t know how to do that google “YourOS show hidden files”

Windows: Replace the file “watermarkcc-presets.xml” under YourHarddrive/Users/YourUserName/AppData/Roaming/ with the downloaded and unzipped XML-file
    4) Restart Photoshop
    5) Presets should work now

Your other problem: Can you please post the watermarked image and your settings in the panel?

Thomas

#1037 Reply
    Herb Segars

I have uploaded two files. One shows how much of the watermarked image that I see on the screen after running the watermark program.

The second image shows the two layers. One is the original and one is the watermark layer.

My settings were “Logo” with the directory of the logo. Size/Position was “upper left” and I checked to make it 20% of the image width. Opacity and spacing were default (100, 50-50). Size was set to 1600 px @ 72dpi on longest side and I choose to make a copy of the image.

I guess that what I am hoping to have is for the program to flatten the layers and fit the image to the screen.

One other thing that I would like to see is to have the ability to save the image to a directory rather than using the Photoshop “Save As” command. Most of the single images that I watermark go into a Facebook directory so it would be great to have a “Preview” button to see how the watermark looks and when I watermark the image, it saves it to a directory that I choose and that directory is the default unless I change it.

#1038 Reply
    Herb Segars

I should add that this is what the image looks like at fit to screen view.

#1039 Reply
    thomas
    Keymaster

Hi Herb,

I’ll implement “Fit to screen” after watermarking in the next update.

To solve your other issues:

1) Use “Add watermark to multiple photos” (also if you only want to watermark one, but there you have the options you want)
    2) Under the tab “Images” check “Use Open Images” (you can open also only one image).
    3) Choose your desired source folder
    4) Make your other settings
    5) Save as preset if you want the same settings again (btw: are the presets now working?)
    6) Click “Run Batch”

With this method you can:
    – Preview (click on “Preview”)
    – If you choose in the “Export Settings” JPG the image will be flattened
    – The image will be saved

Hope this helps,
    Thomas

#1041 Reply
    Herb Segars

Thank you. Using the multiple photos should help.

#1042 Reply
    Herb Segars

Yes, the presets are not working. Thanks again.

#1044 Reply
    thomas
    Keymaster

Yes, the presets are not working.

They are not working or they are now working? 🙂

#1307 Reply
    NIKOLAOS ATLIDAKIS

I want to point out that every time the user wants to use Watermart in a new photo, he must select again the preset. It would be preferable to remains the last one until the user decides when he wants another preset.
    Sorry if its my fault.
    Thank you very much for for your help.

My Google+ page

#1308 Reply
    NIKOLAOS ATLIDAKIS

My Watermark preset

#1314 Reply
    thomas
    Keymaster

This will be implemented in the next version. Thanks for the suggestion.

Thomas

#1408 Reply
    MEL WALASZEK

WATERMARK PRO CC 2.0 WIN7 PRESETS STILL NOT WORKING

#1409 Reply
    thomas
    Keymaster

It will work if you reset the presets (you can find the option after a click on the gear icon on the bottom left).

#7859 Reply
    Bobby Sullivan

Hello,

I have recently purchased a new laptop. Have everything successfully installed, your watermark tool also. When I set my batch run for multiple photos and input all the correct data, get it set up, it is not saving that preset. I have to rebuild it after each closing and opening of PS. Can you help me out with this?

Also, I did some research on the forum and tried the “fix” to no avail. You also mentioned that you were working on a fix to resize the window. I can’t resize the window either.

If at all possible, could you use the email provided to give me the work around as I’m afraid I won’t be able to find your response in the forum 🙂

Thanks in advance for your help! You have created a GREAT tool!

Regards,
    Bobby Sullivan

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Reply To: Watermark CC Preset & Layer Problem
Your information: