Photoshop 2021 Keyboard Issues

Home Foren Configurator Reloaded Photoshop – Support Forum Photoshop 2021 Keyboard Issues

Ansicht von 7 Beiträgen - 1 bis 7 (von insgesamt 7)
  • Autor
    DL
    Gast

I have isolated a problem that started while using Photoshop 2021 where by Keyboard control’s focus gets lost after I have clicked on any button in Configurator Reloaded. To get back focus I must mouse click in Windows 10 then a photoshop window and then control returns. It only started happening with 2021. Example: I have a button in Configurator Reloaded to select Brush. When I go into the photo I can resize the brush using brackets ([]) at first, but when after I begin painting the brackets no longer work. I must click somewhere in Windows 10, then photoshop to get back control. The issue only occurs after I have selected Configurator Reloaded. If I use the normal Photoshop brush selection or some other plugin it does not have the same issue.

#7072 Antworten
    thomas
    Administrator

Hi,

this seems to be a PS 2021 bug. I hope Adobe is addressing it with the next Photoshop updates.

Thomas

#7073 Antworten
    DL
    Gast

Thomas: Is it possible that this is not a bug fix for Adobe? It is my understanding that the architecture of Photoshop’s support for plugins may have changed.

I also license Raya Pro from Jimmy McIntyre. He reached out to all of his customers a couple days ago indicating that Photoshop was switching to a UXP plugin model and would now be distributed through Adobe Creative Cloud’s Marketplace. He also indicated that access of panels through a central panel hub was no longer supported by 2021 and that the look and feel of his tools would change under 2021. This feels like Photoshop 2021 may have changed the rules for plugin developers. I do have other legacy plugins that are working fine but yours and Jimmy’s tools are more unique.

Maybe this is something to investigate so your product can continue on the 2021 platform. If you feel differently and still think this is a bug, I understand. I wanted to share this information in case it changes your mind.

I love your tool, but right now I cannot run it because it is adding keystrokes rather than reducing them.

#7074 Antworten
    thomas
    Administrator

I’m fully aware of the new UXP plugins in Adobe Photoshop 2021 and I’m working very close with the Adobe team for developers.

I already ported 2 of my plugins to UXP. Because UXP was introduced with PS 2021 it’s on a very early stage. So right now it’s not possible to implement Configurator Reloaded (e.g. UXP doesn’t support drag & drop yet).

But the architecture that CR is built on (CEP) will be available for a few more years(!).

Another third party developer has a good post about it: https://gregbenzphotography.com/photography-reviews/what-are-uxp-plugins-in-photoshop

So I’m still convinced that your problem is a PS 2021 focus bug for CEP panels. Unfortunately there is nothing I can do on my side right now.

HTH,
    Thomas

#7075 Antworten
    DL
    Gast

Thomas: Thank you for your insights and expertise. Considering the fact that I am experiencing other issues with Camera Raw 13.0 it can certainly be said that 2021 is not a perfect version yet. Have a good week and be safe.

#7102 Antworten
    Sylvain Robitaille
    Gast

I would like to add that I noticed the same problem on Mac with Mojave.
    Sometimes the keyboard shortcuts don’t work until I click on the Configurator Reloaded panel and the they will work again.

#11872 Antworten
    Sandy
    Gast

2023 and the problem is still there. I wish I had know about this issue before buying. I depend on my keyboard shortcuts. Regardless who is at fault, I have had to remove this plugin to restore my sanity. I wish I had done a more extensive trial.

Ansicht von 7 Beiträgen - 1 bis 7 (von insgesamt 7)
Antwort auf: Antwort #7075 in Photoshop 2021 Keyboard Issues
Deine Information:

Pin It on Pinterest

Configurator Reloaded 2 was released.